EFFMIS is an INTERREG IVC Capitalisation project running from 1st November 2010 until 30 October 2012.
The project aims to pool Good Practices (GPs) on exploitation of the usage of information systems in order to early detect, efficiently manage and handle forest fires and assess the damage caused and ways for regeneration.
EFFMIS focuses on the exchange of good practices between the regions and will seek to develop regional action plans for how each region can position itself better in using information systems to protect its natural resources against fire.
- University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Hellenic Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change, Greece
- University of Patras, Greece
- San Marco Project Research Centre - University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
- Coventry University, United Kingdom
- Executive Forest Agency, Bulgaria
- Forest Research Institute, Poland
- Institute of Forestry, Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry, Lithuania
- Batalha Municipality, Portugal
- Slovenian Forestry Institute, Slovenia
- Castilla and Leon Wood and Forest Services Center, Spain